Pre-opening Professional Development Events
We are pleased to announce that the opening day of the congress will include a selection of educational workshops, available exclusively to registered delegates.
The aim of these sessions is to enrich the experience of attending the congress by providing high quality professional development opportunities at an affordable price.
The workshops will take place at the International Congress Centre (ICC) on Wednesday 24th May 2023, and will finish in good time to attend the opening ceremony and the evening’s social and networking activities.
Previous years have seen a large and enthusiastic take-up for the workshops, and we look forward to replicating this in Katowice.
The workshop programme
The Programme Committee has hand-picked more than twenty sessions on a diverse range of topics of interest to work and organisational psychologists.
Each of the workshops has undergone a rigorous vetting process and will be facilitated by well-known subject-matter experts from around the world. Attendance will be recognised by the award of a CPD certificate.
The majority of the workshops are half-day events and these take place in the morning between 10.00 and 13.00 and in the afternoon between 14.00 and 17.00. The rest are full-day workshops and these run from 10.00 to 17.00 including a one-hour break for lunch.
There will be a modest charge to cover overheads and expenses.
The half-day workshops are generally priced at €35 and to register for a full-day workshop costs €70.
The price of workshops does not include refreshments although facilities will be available at the venue for participants to purchase their own food and drink throughout the day.
Making your selection
Use the summaries further down this page to decide which events are right for you. You can choose either a single full-day session, or one or two half-day sessions.
And since you cannot be in two places at the same time, when selecting two half-day sessions please make sure that one is in the morning and the other in the afternoon!
How to book
You must pre-register in order to attend a workshop as we are unable to accommodate walk-ins on the day.
Once you have identified the events you wish to attend, go to the Registration page - when it is open - and make your booking. Workshops can be included in your booking when you first register or added later. Don’t wait long to reserve your place though, as many of the sessions have limited capacity and are likely to fill up fast.
Please be aware that your name and contact details will be passed to the workshop provider so that they can get in touch with you to provide further information in advance of the event.
Half-day morning workshops
- The contribution of psychology in research and teaching to achieve the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (AM01) BOOKING CLOSED
- Mindfulness Interventions at work: science and practice (AM02)
- Picturing the future of work we want: lessons from Polish history and art (AM03)
- Introduction to multilevel modelling (AM04) SOLD OUT
- Qualitative research and interviewing: conducting research via a qualitative interview design (AM05) SOLD OUT
- Connecting with key stakeholders to influence big decisions (AM07) SOLD OUT
- The future of work: how to get started in the people experience process (AM08) SOLD OUT
Half-day afternoon workshops
- Happy, healthy, and productive?! A workshop to promote sustainable careers for doctoral students (PM01) BOOKING CLOSED
- Increasing emotional flexibility and resilience: an experiential approach using techniques derived from positive psychology and mindfulness (PM02) SOLD OUT
- Mars 2100 - a future of work simulation (PM03)
- Mediation, moderation, and conditional mediation with Process for SPSS: the templates and beyond (PM04) SOLD OUT
- Qualitative data analysis and writing it up: how to establish rigour in qualitative research (PM05) SOLD OUT
- Publishing in high ranking journals (PM06) SOLD OUT
- Creating and sustaining impact from Work & Organisational Psychology science (PM07)
- Organisational network analysis - practitioner workshop (PM08) BOOKING CLOSED
- Digital workplaces: challenges and opportunities for work and organisational psychologists (FD02) BOOKING CLOSED
- Research incubator: breaking bias in the digital age (FD03)
- Mixed methods research projects: development, implementation and evaluation (FD04) BOOKING CLOSED
- HUCAMA FACTORS personality, ability and competency assessment accreditation workshop (FD05)
- The unseen bias at the core of decision making: a qualifying Risk Type Compass accreditation (FD06)
- The challenges of change and uncertainty: how to lead on climate action (FD07)
- Investigating complaints of workplace bullying and harassment (FD08)