These sessions will include between 2 and 4 panellists and one facilitator, discussing a controversial topic from different perspectives.
These will typically be 60-minute sessions, with 45 minutes guided discussion/debate, followed by 15 minutes open discussion. There is the option to glean questions from the audience in advance and/or during the event. Other ways to structure a panel are of course welcome and a Town Hall format is also possible.
Submissions will require a 5000-character Abstract which clearly justifies inclusion in the programme and identifies the expertise of panellists plus their positions on the controversial topic.
Abstracts (5000-character) for a Panel submission are structured:
- Title, name, and affiliation for all panel members
- Why this topic justifies inclusion in the programme, particularly its relevance to the congress theme
- Why these panel members will add value
- Implications for research and practice
- Expected audience size and why
- Relevant UN SDGs